Monday, September 21:
- Bellringer: What qualities does a hero possess/not possess?
- Qualities of a hero (notes) while watching The Lord of the Rings
- Fill out chart (in notebook) with the following: Situation/ Frodo's Action/ Character Trait(s)
Tuesday, September 22:
- Bellringer: Why do you think doing the right thing can be difficult?
- Continue qualities of a hero while watching The Lord of the Rings
- Notes: Situation/ Frodo's Action/ Character Trait(s)
Wednesday/Thursday, September 23/24:
- Bellringer: Who are our present day heroes? What makes them heroes?
- Chrome Books (set up websites for digital portfolios)
- Blog Prompt #1: What are the most important parts of The Lord of the Rings that you think you've seen so far? Why would you call these important parts of the story?
- Begin Monomyth notes (up through supernatural aid)
- Prezi of Lord of the Rings and the Monomyth (stop at Talisman)
Friday, September 25:
- Bellringer: Free Write Friday
- Finish up blogs (if not completed)
- Notes on the monomyth (continued)
- Begin Odyssey reading (p. 895-913)