Monday, October 26
- Bellringer: What type of genre do you think the novel The Road is? Explain.
- Discussion of novel, so far
- Small groups--work on questions
- Last 10 min. (ind. reading/work on HW)
- HW: Read p. 83-102
Tuesday, October 27:
- Bellringer: The book has foreshadowed difficult decisions the man may have to face. What do you think you would do if you were in his situation? Why?
- Blog #4: What, in your opinion, makes a hero? What are qualities of a hero that the man has? How is he different/similar to Odysseus?
- HW: Read pg. 102-125
Wednesday/Thursday, October 28/29:
- Bellringer: Predict the outcome of the novel. What makes you think it will end this way?
- Introduction to Ernest Hemingway
- “Hills Like White Elephants”
- Read and annotate text
- Discussion in small groups
- How is McCarthy’s language similar to Hemingway’s?
- Questions on reading
- Questions for 51-100 due at the end of class
VOCABULARY DUE FRIDAY
Friday, October 30:
- Bellringer: Free write Friday
- Discussion of recent readings (125-150) in small groups and full class
- Time in class to work (vocabulary due at end of hour)
WS 101-150 due by end of hour on Monday