Monday, October 5:
- Bellringer: Describe a time you needed to be brave.
- Watch clip from O'Brother, Where Art Thou (compare Cyclops scenes): Cyclops: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RP0oDhYnUSQ
- Read pages 928-937 of The Odyssey
- Reading Check #2
Tuesday, October 6:
- Bellringer: Do Odysseus' flaws outweigh his heroic qualities?
- Discussion of readings
- Radiolab--Ulysses Pacts: "You v. You" (Start at 12:34)
- Read pg. 943-954
Wednesday/Thursday, October 7/8:
- Bellringer: Turn in bellringers (finish reading if need more time)
- Complete reading check
- Read pages 955-964
- Blog Post #2: Why do you think The Odyssey might be considered a classic and/or an important piece of literature to know?
- Project handout/discussion
- Projects due October 16 (for presentations)
- Class work day for Prezi projects
Friday, October 9: